Application is now closed.
The Micro-Residency is a week-long program that will be held between March 1st, 2018 to August 31st, 2018. The selected artists/teams are given access to CultureHub's studio equipped with a theatrical grid, lighting system, A/V hardware, and media production software. Each artist or team will receive a $1000 stipend, $500 materials budget, dedicated studio space, and technical assistance from the CultureHub team. We are looking for artists with a particular focus and interest in combining new technologies with storytelling. For example, submissions may include but are not limited to:
- Projects exploring new forms of Digital Storytelling (i.e. VR, 360 Video, AR, Live Web, Networked Performance)
- Projects exploring networked devices or spaces in a performative or immersive context.
- Projects that develop cross platform, multi-location, or web-based experiences
- Projects that propose narratives/structures that connect our studios in LA, NY, Seoul, and Italy
CultureHub is looking for creative teams or individual artists that merge both story and technology. However, we are also open to working with storytellers without technological expertise that envision incorporating new technology into their work.
The selected artists may but are not required to present their work-in-progress at the end of the residency.
Deadline to Apply: November 20, 2017
- Kaho Abe & Ramsey Nasser
- Charlotte Becket & Emmy Mikelson
- John Kelly
- Grayson Earle
- Stephan Koplowitz & John King
- Mallory Catlett
- James Cao
- Shawn Lawson & Ryan Ross Smith
- Renata Sheppard
- Andrea Paciotto
- Giselle Zatonyl